Monday, April 18, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to Polishing Digital Turds, a blog I created to showcase some of the finest non-intentional works of art created by my cell phone. In lieu of the recent explosion of amateurs turned auteurs via the digital revolution of "retro" or "lomo" cell phone camera apps, I decided that I too want to be a cell phone artist and looking at all the masterworks of my contemporaries on Facebook and the like, I thought to myself, "Man, it sure would be cool to make every picture I take look like an Urban Outfitters advertisement." So I journeyed to my cell phone's app market and downloaded Vignette, a camera app with many a retro, lomo, and hipster effect that would provide endless possibilities for me in my creation of “art”, and oh boy did it ever. I realized that I could set Vignette to apply a set of random effects and even random frames for the pictures, and just snap away without a care. The resulting shots of banal, everyday places and things turned incredible works of art just gave me too much joy to contain. I thought to myself again, "Man, you need to share some of these masterpieces with the world." and then, "Hey man, I'm right, I should do that.", followed by, "Yo dude, I did it." And so here we are, Polishing Digital Turds. This blog will be updated daily with shots of whatever the hell I feel like pointing my cell phone at and then letting Vignette handle all the boring stuff it's been programmed to do, because let's face it, I'm a busy man and I don't have time to be using my imagination or honing any actual photography skills. No, I'd much rather suck all the fun and adventure out of taking pictures and leave the creativity to a machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment